RIVERDALE, HIGH SCHOOL OF DREAMS OR NIGHTMARES?

Delani English, Feature Writer

Recently I started the show that everybody was previously obsessed with,  Riverdale. At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Maybe a horror/ thriller show, or perhaps the key to high school’s ups and downs. However, it is a combination. 

We first start the show with a flashback from the summer. The Blossoms twins, Cheryl and Jason, went down to the river for unknown reasons, and Jason was found dead by a gunshot a week later. We then meet Archie and his gang of friends along with new girl Veronica. Throughout this season, Betty, Jughead, Archie, Veronica, and Kevin are trying to locate the killer that murdered Jason.

With multiple leads and many different suspects, along with a split town and the odds stacked against them, this can be tricky, especially when Betty and Jughead and Archie and Veronica are trying to keep their relationships together. However, in the end, the killer is somebody not even I suspected, and how the family deals with this news spin into a whole new plot. 

Then, when things couldn’t get any worse, Fred Andrews, Archie’s dad, gets shot in the famous Pop’s diner, and the season ends. So, the question is, who’s the new killer, and when or where will he strike next?