FFA Winds Down the Year with Annual Banquet

Delani English

Being a member of the FFA myself, I am aware that the officers put on a banquet for the members and their families to attend at the end of the year. However, I was never quite sure what went into the event behind the scenes, so I went to Mr. Schick for some insight.

According to Mr. Schick, the banquet will occur on March 23rd at 6:30 in the High School Commons area and Auditorium.  Schick stated, “We will begin around 6:30 with dinner, and then into the auditorium for our ceremonies.  During the ceremony, we  acknowledge our scholarship recipients, install new officers, and finish with closing ceremonies.”

The planning is quite tricky to acknowledge these accomplishments and priorities to get through and completed in two hours. Schick said, “A lot of stress! We started planning a couple of weeks ago.  We have to talk to a caterer and talk to the officers to prepare them for their speaking parts at the banquet and memorize their opening and closing ceremonies, get all the awards around, order pins, and get jackets ready for current officers.”  

“This event is special as we recognize accomplishments and give out awards and thank the benefactors that have purchased kids in labor auctions.  We recognize people that have gone above and beyond for our local FFA chapter,”  “ It’s good to have a nice dinner once a year that we can get together for!” stated Schick. “I think it is a good thing to show appreciation for students and how well they’ve done this year through different activities and how they have done at contests this year if there has been a team that places. Just recognition of students is the biggest and most important part of all of this.” 

This event will be held at 6:30 on March 23rd at the High School for any current FFA member.