CHS Monthly Artist Showcase

A Young Picasso, Mariah Dechant

Senior%2C+Mariah+Dechant+holds+her+latest+piece+of+art.+

Layne

Senior, Mariah Dechant holds her latest piece of art.

Layne Johnson, reporter

Art is anything that moves you, according to actor Shia LeBeouf.  If that is the case, wait until you see the art at CHS. This month’s Student Art Showcase highlights Mariah Dechant, a senior, became interested in art as a child, thanks to her mother. She has been in art all through Junior High and High School. 

Like all art students, Dechant’s past pieces were great learning experiences and experiments. She enjoys drawing more colorful pictures than black and white. When Dechant graduates from high school, she wants to be an art teacher. Art has genuinely changed her life. Art allows her to express herself without words. It has opened her eyes to appreciate all of the things that she has in life. 

Mariah especially likes the student art showcase. It gives her a chance to see all of the other artist’s work. The showcase also gives the artists a chance to show the school their masterpieces. The art class’s motto is, “yours is good, but mine is better.” It goes to show that everyone has strengths in different aspects of art. These young students put so much effort and passion into their pieces, reflecting the love and effort Mr. Giebler puts into teaching his art classes.  Giebler is in his 28th of teaching art at CHS.