Miss School Spirit Celebration postponed until February

Miss School Spirit brings us back to FRIENDS.

Elizabeth Goetz, Editor

UPDATE: Because of the new limitations set by KSHSAA, Miss School Spirit has been postponed until February.

Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, the administration team decided to move Miss School Spirit up to Friday, December 4. This year’s theme is “Friends.”  As always, Spirit Week will lead up to that night.  Monday is Pajama day- dress in your favorite pajamas on our first day back after a long break. Tuesday is Class Color Day. Freshmen wear yellow, Sophomores wear green, Juniors wear red, and Seniors wear blue. Wednesday is Wacky Wednesday; wear your wackiest pair of socks! Thursday is Opposite Day– rather than twinning, pair up with a friend and try to wear the exact opposite outfit! For example, pairs can wear bright colors and black, shorts and pants, or other opposites. To end the week, Friday dress as your favorite character from “Friends.”  How many Monica’s, Rachel’s, and Joeys’ are there out there?  “How you, doin?” 

There will be a pep rally at the end of the school day on Friday. The crowning ceremony will follow the candidates’ impressive performance during half-time of the Varsity Boy’s game. Following the crowning, come out to boogie the night away at the annual Miss School Spirit dance, DJ’d by Josh Rosener.

A special congratulations go out to this year’s candidates. This year’s senior pairs are Lesly Ballesteros and Rafael Trevino, Courtney Clinesmith and Aaron Garcia, Macy Fugitt and Clay Frink, Elizabeth Goetz and Adan Molinar, and Jenna Seabolt and Andrew Ridenour.